Jump to navigation Jump to search
Featured article (Check back later for today's.)
Did you know ...
- ... that since 2018, IKEA's stuffed toy shark Blåhaj (pictured) has become a popular Internet meme and an icon of the online transgender community?
- ... that Canadian brothers Graeme and Jacob Saunders learned to sail at the Chester Yacht Club, and campaigned a two-person dinghy in the 2016 Summer Olympics?
- ... that a livestock auctioneer and former Army sharpshooter shot and killed seven family members in the Rock Road massacre?
- ... that when the Canadian baritone Iain MacNeal appeared as Odysseus in Dallapiccola's Ulisse at the Oper Frankfurt, a reviewer noted that he portrayed the "character's self-exegeses"?
- ... that the sculpture Chicago Rising from the Lake was meant to show the city's rebirth after the Great Chicago Fire but it went missing twice and was eventually found by a Chicago firefighter?
- ... that Gian Franco Bottazzo and Deborah Doniach proved that type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease?
- ... that as part of its #BlossomWatch campaign, the National Trust plans to plant trees along a circular bus route in Birmingham?
- ... that Jack Deloplaine was nicknamed "Hydroplane" because of his running ability in wet conditions?
In the news
- William Ruto (pictured) is elected President of Kenya.
- In Giza, Egypt, a church fire spreads to a nursery, killing 41 people, including at least 18 children.
- Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses, is critically injured after a stabbing at a speech in the United States.
- A mass fish kill occurs in the river Oder in Poland and Germany.